Monday, February 11, 2013

New books galore

It's so exhilarating when everywhere you look there are books you see that you want to read! Example 1- I go to the movies and see 2 previews based on ya books that I haven't read. Man, I've got to take care of that.
Example 2- after several awards lists come out, I identify about 5 books that I want to read from them.
Example 3- I go to pick up some review books from my boss and come back with about 20 books.
Example 4- a student says to me, "Did you get the sequel to that book?" I answer, "He wrote a sequel?!?"
Example 5-About 10 boxes of new books finally arrive. I took home at least 4 books to get read.
Example 6- I get on the Barnes and Noble website and find out it's only 3 weeks until the final Delirium book and 8 months for the final Divergent book! Whoopee!

Speaking of sequels, I've been trying to get everyone I know to read Legend cause I love it. Right now, both the READ and faculty book clubs are working on it. I planned this to coincide with the second book coming out. So I bought it for my Nook and just finished it a couple nights ago. Seems like everything i read nowadays is science fiction with a little romance thrown in. This is skewing my view of the future. Now, I have heard it said that Legend is predictable. Maybe that is true, but I think that with Prodigy, surprises are around every corner. Of course, I don't want to give too much away. But I will be anxiously awaiting the third book after that ending! Argh! Weigh in and tell me what you think!

No comments: