Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time for the Movies

Well, of course you'd have to be a cave dweller to not know that Twilight is about to be released in the theaters! Awesome! I am so PSYCHED! We're taking Friday Night Flicks ON LOCATION for this historic event! Anyone who goes needs to stop by the library and sign our poster. You can also trade your movie stub for a bookmark.


But since this blog is about books I just read, then let's talk about another book coming to the theaters: City of Ember. Actually, I read this quite a while ago. But, I did just finish the third book of the trilogy on audio. Sidenote- if you an audiofan- don't listen to this one. Read it. Really annoying sound effects were included all thoughout the story. For those of you unfamiliar with this series, City of Ember is a sci-fi book where the narrator's whole world exists underworld after a devastating world war. This book is followed by the People of Sparks. I won't summarize this one cause it would ruin the ending of the first book if I did. And of course, that's the one you can go see in the theaters now. I'm including a link to the the preview.
Ok, so go see that movie and then go ahead and check out The Prophet of Yonwood. Wow, that's kind of funny, I just now mentioned that that's the title of the third book! Man, do I digress. Here's what I really wanted to tell you: this book is actually the prequel to City of Ember. It's nice to get a little background on it. I enjoyed it, although not as much as the first. It gave a satisfying explanation for why they went undergound in the first place. So, hey, check it out.
Other great movie/book combos to check out: Tale of Desperaux, Hoot, Spiderwick Chronicles, Golden Compass, Horton Hears a Who, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Because of Winn-Dixie, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Aquamarine, Tuck Everlasting, Stormbreaker, and Bridge to Terabithia. That ought to give you guys something to do over Thanksgiving and Christmas break. When you're not reading, that is!

No comments: